Whether it’s achieving full equality for LGBTQIA+ people, fighting to achieve racial justice, pushing to eradicate our broken and racially biased criminal legal system, defending freedom of speech, religion, and the right to protest, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach.
Two critical components of our work are centering the voices of impacted people and applying an anti-racist lens to all aspects of our internal and external functions including but not limited to recruitment and human resources, strategic planning, donor and volunteer relations, Board and committee processes, and deciding what cases to litigate. We are looking for candidates who share our commitment to our values.
The ACLU-NC brings together litigation, legislative advocacy, communications, and organizing strategies to empower communities and achieve our objectives in major issue areas including criminal law reform, racial justice, LGBTQIA+ equality, reproductive freedom, and the rights of immigrants. With nearly 30,000 members and supporters across the state, the ACLU-NC has a staff of more than 20 people with an office in Raleigh.
- We stand against racist and oppressive systems.
- We purposely center dignity, respect, and compassion for all people – utilizing both holistic and integrated advocacy.
- We pursue radical transparency in service of accountability.
- We value and model equity, inclusivity, and grace.
- We strive for both internal and community sustainability.